Diney's Winter Fruit Compote
- 450g/1lb good quality mixed fruits, such as prunes,apricots, figs and apples
- Cold Tea
- 15ml/1 tablespoon Calvados or Brandy
- 3-4 cloves
- 60m l/4 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 x 5cm/2 inch piece cinammon stick
- 1.25ml/1/4 teaspoon mixed spice
- pared rind of 1 lemon
- 1 star anise
- soak the mixed dried fruits in the Calvados and enough tea to just cover. Leave overnight
- Pour into a saucepan, add the orange juice, cloves, cinamon, mixed spice, lemon rind and star anise. Bring up to the boil and simmer slowly until the fruits are soft. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cloves, cinamon, lemon rind and star anise. Serve hot or cold.
Just as delicious in the summer