Ambleside Christmas Lights & Fireworks 2021 Date TBC
2020 order of events
- 10 am to 12 pm – Grand Christmas Fair in aid of Cancer Care at the Kelsick Centre, St.Mary’s Lane, LA22 9DG. Coffee and home made biscuits £1.
- 11 am – The Morning Cruise. Departing from Waterhead Pier to search for Father Christmas in the morning mists on the lake. Returns at 12.30 pm. Ticket prices: All adults and children 13+yrs – £13. Children (0 to 12 yrs) – £8
- 12 pm – Market Cross area – charity and community market and live music from street entertainers.
- 2 pm – The Afternoon Cruise. Departing from Waterhead Pier to search for Father Christmas in the afternoon mists on the lake. Returns at 3.30 pm. Ticket prices: All adults and children 13+yrs – £13. Children (0 to 12 yrs) – £8.
- 3.30 pm – Santa at Waterhead – After the afternoon cruise Father Christmas will wander along the promenade at Waterhead switching on the lights before boarding his sleigh which will take him to Ambleside to meet up with the lantern bearers.
- 4 pm – Santa begins his sleigh ride to the town centre to meet up with the lantern bearers.
- 4.30 pm (approx) – Lantern procession departs from Gables Hotel, Compston Road, with Father Christmas switching on the lights around the village with his magic dust as he goes.
- 5.10 pm (approx) – Lantern procession returns to the Gables Hotel.
- 5.30 pm – 5.45 pm (approx) – Firework display in Rothay Park
Live Music in Ambleside
- In Market Place you will likely hear one of our visiting bands playing before they make their way to the assembly point for the Lantern Procession.
- In the Market Cross area you will be able to hear live music from a local band as you browse the charity and community stalls.
- In Compston Road there will be more music to entertain you during the afternoon.
- And of course, the Lantern Procession will give you chance to hear brass bands such as Charnock Richard Band and the amazing Kookaburra Drummers from nearby Staveley.