Diney's Banana Brownies
- 175g / 6oz butter cut into pieces
- 300g / 10oz light muscavado sugar
- 175g / 6oz dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 100g / 4oz self raising flour
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4 / fan oven 160C. butter and line an18 x 28cm / 7x 11 Swiss roll tin with baking paper. Put the butter, sugar and chocolate in a large pan and heat gently, stirring, until melted and smooth, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the eggs and bananas until well mixed, then sift in the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes until firm in the centre. cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into 15 squares
Per brownie 336 kcalories, protein 5g, carbohydrate 37g, fat 20g, saturated fat 9g, fibre 1g, added sugar 28g, salt 0.5g