Diney's Chocolate Nut Flapjack Recipe
- 200g / 8 oz oats
- 25g / 1 oz desiccated coconut
- 140g / 5oz butter cut into pieces
- 50g / 2 oz light muscavado sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g / 4 oz brazil nuts (or cashews) cut into large chunks
- 50g / 2 oz almonds cut into large chunks
- 85g / 3 oz good-quality dark chocolate broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 180C . Lightly butter a 23cm/9 inch square tin and line the base. Mix together the oats and coconut/Gas 4 / fan oven 160C
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan. cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the oat and coconut mixture. Spoon into the tin and press down evenly. Scatter over the nuts and press lightly into the mixture. Stick the chunks of chocolate between the nuts. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until a pale golden colour.
- Mark into bars or squares with the back of a knife while still warm, then allow to cool completely before cutting through and removing from the tin.
Per flapjack 325 kcalories, protein 5g, carbohydrate 28g, fat 22g, saturated fat 10g, fibre 2g, added sugar 15g, salt0.3g.