A Quick and Easy 10 Minute Lockdown Snack
- 410g can chickpeas
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus a bit extra for drizzling
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Italian breadsticks, celery sticks and radishes with leaves on, to serve
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, then tip them in to a food processor. Peel the garlic and crush in with the chickpeas, along with plenty of salt and pepper. Whizz briefly
- Remove any stray seeds from the peppers, then add them to the processor with the lemon juice, olive oil and chilli. Blitz again until really smooth. Taste and add extra seasoning and chilli for more of a kick, if you like.
- Spoon into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and serve with celery sticks, radishes and a stack of breadsticks for dipping.
- Take to the garden with a glass of wine.