To Die for Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 100g/4oz butter, softened
- 175g/6oz self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 175g/6oz golden caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp milk
- finely grated rind of large lemon
- FOR THE ICING
- juice of 1 large lemon (you need 3 tablespoons)
- 100g/4oz golden caster sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan oven 160C. butter and line the base of a shallow oblong tin (about 18 x 28cm/7 x 11 in) with baking paper. Tip all the cake ingredients into a large mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture drops easily off the spoon.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden and firm to the touch. Meanwhile, make the icing: beat together the lemon juice and sugar, por the mixture evenly ove the cake whilst it is still hot, the leave to cool.
- Cut the cake into 15 squares and sprinkle with icing sugar
Per square 175 kcalories, protein 2g, carbohydrate 29g, fat 7g, saturated fat 4g, fibre none, added sugar 19g, salt 0.3g